Tuesday, September 8, 2009

peace tip #7

PEACE TIP #7:
Be honest.


Dr. Bebe Barefoot blatantly taught that there is truth with a "t" and Truth with a "T." Truth is open to interpretation of every circumstance that surrounds it as well as what individuals want within their understanding. I remember having another conversation about "truth/Truth" while my body moved at approximately 40 mph in a white sedan. In a preceding amount of time that was likely 15.4 days,* the only other participant in this conversation caught himself in what I perceived to be a major lie.

*

Maybe it's all the Fiona Apple that was playing while I slept last night, but I'm coming to a conclusion that deception and avoidance of an understood and/or realized truth sprouts a seed of anger, and anger breeds turmoil. Hot heads are quick to burst because hot air expands quickly. For reasons I cannot explain, I am feeling a strong desire to ride in a blimp.

Turmoil is nothing strange to me. I grew up surrounded by it. Right now, I hear phrases like "financial turmoil" and "political turmoil." It's all the same--trouble spurs for one reason or another and households crumble. Lies lead to guilt, and guilt makes us mad. Let us promise ourselves never to build a house with a hot attic. TRUTH! Always! Yes, MAMSIRGIRLDUDE!


*


There is a sign posted by what appears to be the speed limit in this small German town of Boeblingen that was bombed during World II. The round marker depicts a tank. I have recently learned that the numbers are likely the maximum weight for vehicles with tracked wheels.






The following animation created by Justin is open to interpretation:



* 15.4 is an estimated value.

No comments:

Post a Comment