Wednesday, September 30, 2009

peace tip #11

PEACE TIP #11:
Don't dwell.



I've been dwelling, I admit. Bullshit is haunting me, and the only way I know to scare the ghosts of anguish away is by confronting them and calling them out as bullshit. Really, though, if I didn't recognize that I was fucked over, I wouldn't still be thinking about seemingly power hungry individuals and their hierarchical antics that come to play when they seek to stay on a theoretical top.

Of course, I've been dwelling in a good sense, too (there's certainly a loophole to every tip!). I haven't even been living in Poughkeepsie for a week yet, but it feels like home already. Justin's apartment is perfect like he is. The unit is complete with familiar books lining the shelves and macro prints of portraits Justin has taken hanging on the white walls. His plants on the window seal (SEAL, not "sill") have already revived themselves and reach outwards with greener hues. The bed and furry blankets devour me with comfort at night. Justin's arms hold me tightly as well. It's been years since I have slept so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment