Wednesday, August 12, 2009

peace tip #1


We see what we want to see.
I am seeing peace signs everywhere.
I want others to see them, too.


Establishing a PLAN OF PEACE and walking the PEACE PATH takes small realizations and reactions that accompany.

PEACE TIP #1:
When in Germany, do as the Germans do. Return aluminum, plastic, and glass back to the store where you bought the product contained within it.




According to our friend Matthius, aluminum cans are worth 0.25 EURO here, which is a little less than 0.40 USD. Knowing what I heard about the aluminum industry while I was in Reykavik, Iceland, (bad stuff, yo) I was delighted to hear that a highly effective deposit incentive for returning materials exists.

While we were in Dusseldorf, Martina told me just to leave my glass bottle on the ground.

"Someone will pick it up tonight. People live from payment for these," she said.

It felt strange knowing that litter is bitter, but I sat it down and believed that it would be taken to someone else's benefit before dawn broke in a sky that is just now becoming familiar.

No comments:

Post a Comment