Monday, August 24, 2009

Moon Mist and Sleepy Children


Now I understand why writers lock themselves in secluded locations away from it all. Life never stops and to reflect even for a moment at times alters your current path. If not changing you path, just blowing one or two clouds left or right. Time to time those clouds can make a big difference when one believes in fate or a positive flowing energy that keeps you moving to grass fields, back seats of tiny cars, puppet rap shows and an european adventure not found in any of the travel guides.

Disillusion of what you don't have fills much of the world. Standing in beautiful Belgium with 100,000 of my closest friends sweaty, cold, and confused at what comes next. I stand staring at the trees full of waterfall sticks illuminating the collectives energy and a language I do not know rattles in my ear. "How is New York? Its not the biggest city in the world you know. 50 million, Paris is 50 million strong and Mexico City is even bigger ranking the top of the list with 20 million people. " Not sure what was lost in translation, it could have been the german techno music blowing in my ear drums, the sickening site of 100,000 fifty cent fans, or the 3 am moon filling the cold and misty sky; last time I checked 50 million was more then 20 but both rank higher then New York as the most pissed in city's of the world. Why is the fluent in 4 languages Belgiumite so quick to put down this wonderful place he currently lives just to wonder "what if" with dreams that swim the Atlantic each night.
Music kicks in a little harder, Emily in my arms eyes full of sleep wrapped in everything we own to keep warm this night. "You don't have to go" she says, worrying that some repetitive beat produced by four strange old men would keep me from wanting, needing to spend every moment with her.
Sam our tour guide on this most strange of adventures turns every few moments with the positive reinforcement searching of an unsure traveler "They're great right?". Always as I feel someone should encourage the opinions of others even if you don't agree, for it helps them discover their true original thoughts; or so I believe for I am just searching myself. Judging by the crowds the moon and my eyelids we depart from our Australian friend and begin yet another journey, the center of earth would be appropriate for its 40 degrees and two bathing suits, two airline blankets, and a bag of art supplies are not going to keep up warm tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment