Thursday, October 8, 2009

peace tip #13

PEACE TIP #13:
Travel.


It's catching up--all the magnificence of the past several months. All the people I met. All the stories I heard. I take all the roaming to this place of settlement along water and clouds, and realize that the world is huge and I am small, but I can be one among it.

I can offer love. I can offer empathy. I can offer my own experiences. Singlehandedly, I can not break the traditions of bloodshed caused by separation in ideals, but I can seek to understand it and embrace a hope of an earthly utopia.


Ask any eco-system
Harm here is harm there
And there and there
And aggression begets aggression
It's a very simple lesson
That long preceded any king of heaven
And there's this brutal imperial power
That my passport says I represent
But it will never represent where my heart lives
Only vaguely where it went

'Cuz I know when you grow up surrounded
By willful ignorance
You learn that mercy has its own country
And that it's round and borderless
And then you just grow wings
And rise above it all

-- ani difranco

No comments:

Post a Comment