Monday, October 12, 2009

Its fall and its cold.


The cold air is coming, night quickly outpaces day and hats & scarf's are becoming the norm. Where did summer go, my memory has me stuck in July; waters were warmer and sandals kept your feet safe from hot sand. The northeast has had a funny year from what I hear, I only say this because of late I haven't been much of a northerner and find myself missing the south. With a southern state of mind thinking about cool summer evenings Emily and I got ready to wonder in the dark with a few hundred bundled, gloved, and down jacket individuals looking for a scare. There were corn fields, drak hallways, rooms that look like meat lockers and plenty of screams to be heard.

Getting ready for the trip through the haunted world Emily and I find ourselves running, new shoes on foot towards the car in the cold air. We arrived in New Paltz a few hours earlier with high hopes of frisbee. The sun was high, clouds reflected across the perfect blue sky and running continued. We chased the plastic white disk in short bursts of speed that proves valuable when heading from commitment to commitment.

Running into the apartment there was just 10 minutes left and we were right on time, but time changed and pushed us faster. A feat not met by many was beat that night; I challenge you to park, shower, dress, eat and drink a beer in 10 min or less while preparing to rush across town. Throw in the realization that your wearing a cowboy shirt and sweater exactly the same outfit your partner in crime chose to wear who also was able shower, dress, eat, and drink a gin and tonic all in a 10 minute window.

Lights on wheels moving we arrive at Adams house, the iPod is blasting something upbeat and again we find ourselves running. There is a house full of strangers and the show is about to begin. Piling into 3 cars we are again off for an adventure. No longer running realizing that the cold will be an issue we are cattle moving from fence to fence waiting in anticipation for the monsters to come out. Arriving at the first house after an amusing hay ride and story I find myself more scared of the cold then the blood and guts that await us. 12 walk in and only 10 walk out with their heads up, I would like to think I wasn't scared but I would be lying to myself, all dark hallways with strange sounds and bodies in bags hanging from the ceiling scare me.

No comments:

Post a Comment