Monday, January 4, 2010

peace tip #24

PEACE TIP #24
Stay healthy.


Justin and I have been sick and miserable to the point that the mucus in our head is clouding our thoughts and giving us bad dreams. We don't feel good now, but we will get better. Two days in bed are two days wasted.

The cold--the one outside and probably the one in my body--is getting to me. I feel ughhhh at the thought dodging the elements (snow, ice, and slush are foreign to this Southern girl!), but I did manage to conquer 5 miles of bridge today. I've been craggy because the clothes I retrieved from my dad's house have gotten a bit snug. Thank you, beer and lethargy. I've resolved to quit the brew and the chocolate for a while. Meanwhile, I'm still working on the employment thing while listening to stats on the "climbing joblessness rate" on NPR. Hope, ga, hope! It'll come...

Before departing for the holidays, I did work for Will, Justin's friend who is also an architect who works on "green" buildings. I made a magazine ad and Christmas cards for him, and I'm craving to redesign his website: http://www.willbuilders.com.

Like Will, we have a rock climbing wall in our residence now. Justin built it with plywood and 2 x 4's. We've been adding holds, some of which we built ourselves, a few pieces at a time. I must get strong by this spring, or at least get fit by February to go to Jamaica, mon.

Murry (belated) Christmus!

No comments:

Post a Comment