Sunday, November 15, 2009

peace tip #19

PEACE TIP #19
Avoid being inconsistent.


I remember a frank discussion about how meat is an energy intensive product, and how reducing the consumption of it would alleviate pollutants and promote health among humans and ecosystems. Frank it was and frank it became; I found myself standing beside a few from the crowd lined up to trade money for hot dogs. I felt a little bird of hypocrisy squawking inside of my body while taking note of the scene, yet I did not implode. Silly to me it was to see people who swallowed their own words and processed meats so easily.

There was mentioning of a buffet and the satisfaction of all-you-can-eat choice. Lappé would not approve, but being argumentative won't get you anywhere, according to the contradictory honcho with the creepy laugh.

"'Tis better to be uncouth than aloof to the big picture!" is what the bird was saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment