Wednesday, November 11, 2009

peace tip #18

PEACE TIP #18
Try new things.


Be wary of enchiladas, but relish the taste of foreign cuisine.

Justin and I hung out with Sanjay and another IBMer who are staying in Danbury, CT, for work purposes. Both gents are from India, so they're a long way from home and from good masala. We went to dinner at a Mexican restaurant last night and gorged on spicy goodness. I don't think either Sanjay or his friend enjoyed the taste too much, but they grinned and swallowed.

Adaptability, I hear, is a necessity for the working folk. Any world traveler would have a rough time if he or she spit out something on which a chance was taken.

I remember taking the best chance of my life in July:

"Andrea, should I go with Justin to Germany?"

"Um, YES."

I'm still smiling because of the decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment